R.I.P.D.

File:R.I.P.D. Poster.jpg
Did I see the same movie as the critics? 

Ryan Reynolds plays a recently deceased dirty cop who is given the choice to either go straight to Hell or work for Heaven as a cop who helps usher souls to Heaven. Jeff Bridges is his mentor whom died in 1800's and provides the funniest to this comic duo. He's very much his character from "True Grit."

This movie for me was 4 out of 5 stars. While I was watching it I didn't recall any movies similar. Other critics say it's like "Ghostbusters," but I don't see the comparisons. Say what you will, but this movie rocked. Mary-Louise Parker was funny as well.

My favorite part was rediscovering Ryan Reynolds. For a long time I felt he was like Keanu Reeves, no range. This movie he plays the "straight" man with few smiles but HUGE laughs for the audience next to Jeff Bridges. He has to play a conflicted character as you see why he's a dirty cop. He's also married to the love of his life. And he's a fish out of water not only learning how to deal with being dead but also being a Heaven cop. AND HIS BUTT!!!!! Everyone knows I am a butt person, but this camera was HOOKED on his butt. I was in Heaven.

Go see this one. You will laugh and get mad. Exactly what they want! Parts you'll even be grossed out. All in all very entertaining.

...my older posts