Sharknado

File:Sharknado poster.jpg
Ian Ziering plays Fin (I'm not making this up) a separated bar owner who's wife Tara Reid and two kids (son and daughter) must survive LA during a tornado that propels sharks from the sea.

(long pause)

Just let that marinate for a moment.

(long pause)

It's ACTUALLY not that bad. I know, I know. My 10 year old nephew was THOROUGHLY confused by this...rightly so. But the thing is a movie called Sharknado isn't meant to make sense. That's what I told him. After that he enjoyed it. And that's how you have to approach this.

The acting isn't that bad; the writing clearly is...but that's the point. This is a movie meant to be a B-movie classic. YET I've seen it twice. It has resurrected Ian Ziering's career. He's not only good as the lead but the man is 49 and looks AMAZING! He looks better than he did at 20 on "Beverly Hills, 90210" to be honest. I'd always been a Brandon Walsh fan, but suddenly Steve Sanders is my fave...YUM! 

Ooops sorry the movie. So I give the movie honestly 3 stars out of 5. It was entertaining and fun. Tara Reid was pretty decent so I'm sure she'll be cast in more. I say go to OnDemand during this hot weather, sit back, and enjoy this two hour...experience!

...my older posts