Jupiter Ascending

SIGH....BIG SIGH. I wanted to like this movie. I wanted to LOVE this movie. Brought to us by Andy & Lana Wachowski (the siblings that created The Matrix trilogy, Cloud Atlas, and V for Vendetta). This movie had the potential for greatness, but it's execution takes the chunk of it. Hard 1 out of 5 stars. Keep reading.
So Mila Kunis plays Jupiter, an American born girl who's no wiser that she's the Queen of a secret alien planet. The acting in this movie is bad. The plotline on how she's the Queen of a secret alien planet is bad. The special effects are AMAZING! The special effects are the only reason to watch this movie.

I looked at my watch 4 times during the movie. It never got better. It kept getting worse as the minutes ticked away. The ending is crap. Just bad. Very bad. Not much more to say. And what kills me is Oscar winner Eddie Redmayne is the villain in the movie. TERRIBLE EFFIN VILLAIN TOO! Just bad all around.

...my older posts