The Lion King

Disney The Lion King 2019.jpg
So I had an "Aha" moment with #TheLionKing live-action. As I was describing it to my friend who is a Disney aficionado, she was saying "they combined all the previous Lion King cartoons in that movie I think." Then I thought the movie was genius. After that discussion I like it more because I only saw the original cartoon not its sequels.

Still about a precocious lion cub named Simba born to the king of the jungle, Mufasa (James Earl Jones). Simba, deciding to not listen to ANY ADULT, almost gets killed in the Hynenas elephant grave, and then inadvertently leads Mufasa to his death. The part that's added is when Scar (Chiwetel Ejiofor) tricks Simba into leaving Pride Rock they show Simba with Pumbaa (Seth Rogen) and Timon (Billy Eichner). It's cool to see not only the "gaps" filled in but also how Rafiki (John Kani) discovered Simba was alive...circle of life moment. 

Donald Glover is the voice of grown Simba and you cannot even tell it's him; same with Chiwetel Ejiofor. You're more focused on the characters than whom they are...but Nala. SIGH...that's all I will say. Don't want the Beehive after me.

Overall good movie. 4 out of 5 stars. Not perfect but good.

But people WHY do you clap in movies? When the credits rolled people clapped as if the actors were there or if it was live theater. VERY STRANGE! 

...my older posts