the one about Jed Wyatt

So Jed Wyatt.


I know everyone thinks he's a cad. I even poked a little fun at him. If you've been living under a rock here's the tea: Jed was a contestant on Season 15 of The Bachelorette. From day one he was a stand out as good looking and fun. THEN his damn guitar came on EVERY DATE. I mentioned it in an earlier post, but keep reading for my longer explanation...Because I am the type of person who likes to give ppl the benefit of the doubt even AFTER I judged them I listened to two interviews with him. One with Rachel Lindsay & Ali Fedotowsky and the other with Ben Higgins & Ashley Iaconetti.

His podcast interview with Rachel & Ali was good; there was Rachel the bad cop and Ali the good cop. It was balanced, but felt...safe. But his interview with Ben & Ashley filled in the cracks Rachel & Ali's interview had.



First he explained that any time he brought his guitar Hannah LOVED IT! If you are fighting for someone's affection, why wouldn't you do what they love? So I am gonna give him a pass on that.


Now for the big one he was dating a girl named Haley prior to the show, he told her he loved her, went on vacation with her and her family, she met his friends and family, he slept with her the day before he left for the show, told her "hey I'm only on this show for my music career don't worry" and then he fell in love with Hannah unexpectedly. NONE of this is an excuse for him letting Hannah find out AFTER he proposed to her. The time for him to have told Hannah about the situation was after she said "I'm falling in love with you." Instead he chose to tell her half the truth "Hey I came on the show for my music but ended up falling for you." NOPE He should've mentioned Haley then. But here's the problem it's 50% Jed's fault and 50% Haley's fault.


When he was dating Haley they NEVER put a label on their relationship. Even though he did ALL that stuff with her they were never boyfriend/girlfriend, so he hung out with other women too. Maybe not to the extent he did Haley, but he admitted during Ben & Ashley's interview that he slept around. So Haley should've said "Hey let's define us." But the problem with today's dating society is y'all don't want labels. Then don't cry when your "man" goes on reality TV. He felt he never needed to break up with her cuz they were never together. BOOM! That was his out. Not that he PLANNED to go on reality TV. But this is why I am a very traditional dater. I want that label on us, I want to know where we stand. Why? Because it would avoid situations like this.


Pilot Pete was dating someone, they broke up 5 months before he came on the show. They were DEFINED as boyfriend/girlfriend, and Pete ended it.


And no one is bringing up the fact this Haley person suddenly waited till episode 8 of 10 to reveal "Well Jed and I are dating." Why not episode 1? Get the truth immediately. And Jed stated he tried calling Haley to smooth things over but instead she didn't return his call, confronted him in public, and has been on EVERY TALK SHOW promoting her music as well. But I'm suppose to buy she's heartbroken?


I happen to like Jed. Now that I know WHY he brought his guitar for Hannah, it doesn't feel like self-promotion anymore. I actually made him my #MondayMancrush today. He's getting a lot of hate, so why not show him so love.


Plus I mean he's hot. The boy has a great face, gorgeous body, and dat booty!


I do think he should work with a vocal coach. His singing voice sounds like he's holding something back. Like it could be more powerful and fuller, but he's not going there. My constructive criticism.


I hope he works with top country music producers and makes an entire album about a guy who messed up, got dumped, and regrets his mistakes. He can call the album "Lessons in Love" OMG Jed, hire me. We can get about 12 songs outta this. I have ideas hahaha

...my older posts