The Fighter



Wow. What a great movie. It was great cuz of the story and the cast...except Mark Wahlberg. I'm sorry but this story was too juicy and real to put in his hands. 

The story is about two brothers Dicky (Christian Bale) and Micky. Dicky is a former boxer who KO'd Sugar Ray Leonard but his life went downhill when he couldn't get any more fights and turned to drugs. He has been trying to coach his younger brother Dicky (Mark Wahlberg). Of course it's a Cinderella story and you know how it's gonna end, but why Mark Wahlberg? Christian Bale WILL win an Academy Award if not for shedding MASSIVE pounds for his fast talking portrayal of a crack addict former boxer. When Bale was delivering his lines it was like he was speaking...compared to Wahlberg whom was clearly ACTING! Therein lies the difference. 

And lemme tell you Amy Adams and Melissa Leo KICKED BUTT TOO! Amy could very well beat Hilary Swank in the Best Actress category...why? Hilary is an odds on fave. But Amy portrayed a tough talking, lil clothing wearing, girl from the streets. She broke a girl's nose who called her a whore. I was STUNNED! WOW! I did feel there were times she was acting but mostly it was her in character. Melissa Leo ROCKED it. She never once acted. She was the female version of Christian Bale. I BELIEVED this woman was his mother. Was an enabler. And really did smoke cigarettes with that awful hairdo. If she doesn't get nominated I will boycott the Oscars!

I do know if it's a feel good enough movie though for Oscar consideration. It didn't make me well up like "Conviction" but it did wow me! Christian and Melissa...good luck!!!!!!!

...my older posts