the one about crushes versus liking

So I had training all week in Dorchester with Stephanie and Alex. We learned Small Business sales pitches. Oh and Carson was there. Hanging out with Alex reaffirmed that he and I are friends. But it also deflated my crush on him. A) He's 100% the most heterosexual man I've met like ever. B) he's a friend. I don't crush on friends. It got me thinking about the difference between crushing and liking and how like drama and disagreements people often confuse the two.

Crushes are meant to be harmless and a fantasized reality of a person. They are also meant to be on people you KNOW you do not have a chance with. Matt Damon. He's been my crush since the shower scene in "School Ties." He's straight married with four kids and living in FL...oh AND a movie star. Clearly this will never happen.

Liking is when you see yourself dating someone or going on a date with them. There is a general interest and you feel there is a "chance" at least. I like Ben for instance and he likes me. Now I don't LIKE too many people but I crush alot. No harm.

I wish to GOD people would stop confusing the two. If they wanna confuse the two with themselves that's fine, but not with me. Recently this guy tried calling me out telling me I need to stop living in a fantasy world blah blah blah. Relationship advice from someone striking out in love is the worst. I wanna tell him to eff off cuz he's not a subject matter, but at the same time it's his opinion. I just finally politely told him it's his opinion.

Fact of the matter Alex knows my stance on crushes and liking. My other crushes do too. The only problem was this guy. It just irks me when people try telling you their opinions. I never understood why. Do they think we will just say "OH MY GOD you're right. Thanks!" Like what do they gain out of the deal?

Anyways recently I'm being crushed on by either 18 year olds or 50-60 year olds. I WISH I were joking.

...my older posts