Snow White and the Huntsman

It's happened before that I have watched a movie and empathized with the bad person over the good. This is again one of those times. There were times where I thought Charlize's character was over-the-top but I love her as an actress.

This takes the Disney character and mixes it with Grimm. So Snow White is the princess whom Ravenna hates because she is more beautiful...then you get an explanation as to why beauty is so important to Ravenna. Then you see a romance brewing...then BOOM all stops. There is a hint of a romance. A hint of humanity in Ravenna. But all is overshadowed by the story, special effects, and fighting.

My only quib about this movie is it left so many things unanswered. Will there be a sequel? If not it didn't tie up a few things for me. GRRRRR 

Most impressive was KStew. I def saw some of Bella-acting (which is not a good thing), but also she pushed herself. You know acted out of her range of Emo! Def better than Mirror, Mirror but the evil queens in both were AMAH-ZING!

...my older posts