Annie

It's a hard knock life for Annie lovers. Sorry I had to. What to say about this movie except 3 stars out of 5. I liked it but I didn't love it. Keep reading.The main problem with the movie is the singing. Yes it's a musical, but the wrong people are singing. In this version Annie is a Black foster kid NOT an Redheaded freckle faced orphan. This Annie is living as a foster kid with Mrs. Hannigan when she accidentally trips in front of Jamie Foxx's Will Stacks. Will, the CEO of Stacks Mobile (a version of TMobile), running for Mayor saves her but ends up a NYC saint after the event goes viral on YouTube. His political adviser greenlights Annie's idea to move her in with him till the campaign is over to boost his mayoral race. It begins to work but slowly Annie & Will also begin to rely on each other as family.


Quvenzhané Wallis is good as Annie, but I don't know her motivation. WHY is she so happy? She's a foster kid with a horrible foster mother played by Cameron Diaz. The original Annie was happy because there were people around her that really treated her with love even though Mrs. Hannigan was a pill. This Annie has the same thing but I dunno. I can't put my finger on why I don't love this Annie. She's street smart though like I mentioned SHE came up with the live together idea. She's not a bad kid, but she's no pushover.

Cameron was hilarious and gutsy to play such an unlikable character. And sexual character haha Jamie Foxx was meh...he was funny. But when he sang I was SO CONFUSED! Why was he singing? I didn't get it. Rose Byrne had a pretty voice, but with her character she sang with Annie because you could tell she was just READY to burst into song. Not sure how to describe it other than that person in your life that's so uptight you wonder "When are they gonna let loose?" And so when she and Quvenzhané  did an adorable duet it was expected and felt GOOD. Jamie Foxx's Will SHOULD NOT have been singing. Jamie has a great voice but it just made NO sense.



Overall good movie. I wouldn't have paid for it if I didn't have movie passes, but still a good movie.

...my older posts