San Andreas

San Andreas poster.jpg
Dunno whom The Rock's agent is but he needs a raise. I've always liked The Rock as an actor, but Hercules changed the game for me. And 'San Andreas' solidified my view that he is going to be the next big Action Star commanding $20million per movie. I give this 4 stars out of 5. Keep reading below....


The Rock & Carla Gugino play a divorcing couple on good terms after the drowning of their youngest daughter. Alexandra Daddario plays their surviving daughter. The family dynamic feels real as does the storyline of the San Andreas fault activating and taking out most of California during a 9.6 Earthquake; Paul Giamatti & Will Yune are the scientists that discover this epidemic. Everything works in this movie even the sexy Hugo Johnstone-Burt acts his butt off. 

The things that killed this movie were the scenes where characters would stand still while an earthquake, debris, or ANY DANGER was coming directly for them. The insanely sexy and talented Colton Haynes & equally beautiful Todd Williams are in the beginning of the movie then disappear without a word why. And the plotlines are a touch predictable. There was symbolism. I'll give you a hint: Air, Water, and Land. And I'm not trying to be sexist but Alexandra Daddario's boobs were distracting. SERIOUSLY I get girls can be busty, but it was insane how high her boobs were to her chin. They almost hit one of her costar's in the face. 

I've never cried during a disaster movie...and this teared me up four separate times. It was so amazingly human and natural even with the flaws.

You MUST MUST MUST see this in the movie theater in 3D.

...my older posts