The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Based on the 1960's American TV Series and set in the 1960s an American spy and Russian spy team up to save the world from the plot of a billionaire greek shipping couple with the help of a German female mechanic. I WANTED to hate this from the trailer, but ended up loving it. Keep reading...
So my Henry Cavill plays the American spy (with a flawless accent) and does a fantastic job. Armie Hammer is the Russian KGB agent (his accent is PERFECT), and Alicia Vikander (Ava from "Ex Machina" and Michael Fassbender's girlfriend) is a great foil between the two as a German mechanic caught in the middle. 

I love love love that the story is atypical and doesn't do the things I'd expect. Guy Ritchie is a visionary truly. And I love that it's smart, detail oriented, and doesn't have one thing I hate. And the script itself is soooo brilliant. Even though the idea isn't original the execution is. Ps. Henry Cavill may be my British beau, but he can act as well. And I still think Armie Hammer deserved an Oscar nod in J. Edgar and deserves one in this too.

Easily 5 stars out of 5. My favorite Guy Ritchie movie ever. I dunno why I wanted to hate this movie so much, but I came in with "welp it's a free movie so if I hate it it's okay." And I loved it. Check it out on the big screen.

...my older posts