The Glass Castle

Image result for the glass castle movie

I loved this movie...keep reading


Oscar Winner Brie Larson stars as Jeanette Walls. The 2nd oldest of 4 in the most dysfunctional family since the Dollangers from "Flowers in the Attic." 

Woody Harrelson plays patriarch Rex Walls married to Rose Mary (Naomi Watts). They are poor, manic, and creative. This couple fights, loves, and hates HARD! Reminds me a little of the Gallaghers from "Shameless" but more poor. Just when you wonder how Rose Mary could stay with an alcoholic timebomb like Rex, you see a side to him that's sweet and tender. He isn't PHYSICALLY abusive, but mentally WOW! And the craziest part...it's based on a book from Jeanette Walls...YUP autobiography. To think this was all real...and to see the actual people in footage rolling over the credits.

I'd give this about 10 stars out of 10. Brie, Woody, and Naomi will all get Oscar nods. But the girl playing Brie in her tween years Ella Anderson is the breakout star. This girl is POWERFUL! She BETTER get a best supporting nod. WOW! 

Worth seeing. I saw it randomly because I wanted to go to the movies on a Saturday. SO GLAD I DID!!!!!!!!!!

...my older posts