Detroit

Image result
Kathryn Bigelow movies are hard to sit through. "The Hurt Locker" was the worst (mostly cuz it was boring), but this movie is more like Zero Dark Thirty: tough to watch, but you HAD to. Keep reading...


"Detroit" is about the race riots that began here and echoed throughout the country in the late 60s. 3 black men were killed a house just outside the Algiers hotel, and the 3 police officers involved were acquitted of the crime. It was pretty tough to watch. You never know whom was gonna get killed...and the most unlikely were victims. There wasn't a big love story or MAIN villain, but VILLAINS with characters fighting for their lives. I'm no director but the camerawork was a lil herky jerky and the story jumped around alot, but overall very good movie.

I don't want to give away spoilers but let's just say this movie was worth seeing. It was so real that I gasped a few times and covered my mouth in disbelief. I don't really know any of the leads except a few, but I liked that because it made me focus on the characters and story.

Great job, KB!

...my older posts