the one about dating a shorter guy

So everyone my whole life has told me to lower my standards and I've refused. I've had four boyfriends in my life and each of them except one was really my type. The one that wasn't my type ended very badly. I've always said two things about dating:
  1. I want a boyfriend; I don't need one.
  2. I want to date someone perfect for me, not perfect.
Today I wake up to the "Ladies Room" on 94.5 with Melissa and Peebles discussing what else? Dating. Melissa's advice was to not discount someone just because he's "too short, too fat, etc." Now that's something I do not do. I've always dated guys either my height or taller than me. I've always said I want to feel that comfort and physical safety.

Maybe I should try letting that go? I dunno if I can though. It's pretty important to me. I mean there are SOME deal breakers (ie. drug user, heavy smoker/drinker, clingy behavior, no life outside of dating). But it's true I can meet the perfect guy if he's shorter than me I'm turned off.

Well I'm a firm believer in if something doesn't work try something else. Maybe I will give a short guy a try.

...my older posts