the one about making lemonade...

So last night a bill came out of my checking account unexpectedly. When I called the creditor they said they sent me mail in June to my wrong address, but then updated my address a month later without sending new notification and decided to debit my account. My paycheck was absorbed. And my reaction? (Shrugged)

After spending two hours with them on the phone you know what I did? I got dressed and went to an 80s birthday party for my kid sister Mandee. Why's this huge? Have we met? LOL Ok probably not. A year ago I would've stayed home and wallowed in my own self-pity. Since I've moved back I've made a conscience effort to make lemonade out of lemons.

Even that phrase. Makes no real sense right? But when you think about it. Take a sour piece of food and turn it into a sweet refreshing drink. That's what it means! And I had a KICKASS time at Mandee's party. I hung out with her friends and her sister Jamie. We laughed so much. No drama. And the best part is towards the end of the night Mandee goes "Mikey I love hanging out with you." HUGE! I just really felt amazing.

Since I've moved back I've hung with family and reconnected with old friends. Hanging with Jamie and her family (two sisters and their families) has been amazing. Each time I've been to Jamie, Mandee, or Ashley's house not only have I had fun (and they feed me) but I end up having so much fun playing with their kids. I feel like the child whisperer seriously. It's amazing! 

And then to top of my positive outlook one of my oldest (in years of friendship) and best friends and I had this "catching up" convo and it was just nice. It just proves my point that time and distance may stretch, but bonds don't change.

There is so much to be said about having a positive attitude. I'm so glad I have one :)

...my older posts