the one about advertising for my book

So I came up with two marketing plans for the book. One is an email chain letter briefly describing the book and I asked my friends to pass it along. The second is advertising a Broadcast Message on Grindr.

I forget how I came up with the Grindr one. Oh wait I remember. I had put that I wrote a book in my profile. Well when I'd log on guys would ask about it. So I searched online and found out when you log onto Grindr there's sometimes a pop-up that appears. It's a message and then says "Close" or "More" if you hit "More" you get sent to the website where pertaining to the message. Perfect for my book right?! Been talking back and forth with the Marketing guy at Grindr. Paid $200 for him a Broadcast Message to run yesterday in Vermont and Maine, today in Wyoming, tomorrow in North Dakota, and next Tuesday in South Dakota and Nebraska. COMBINED these states have a population of 4.92 million people. If even a third is gay and then a third of that buys my book I will be in GREAT shape financially!

Yes yes I know it is a huge deal I even wrote, completed, and published this book. But this is my dream. I created this book so that I could get into show business. This is my "big break." If this fails I'm gonna be disappointed. There's so much riding on the success of this. And I want to self-publish. I don't want to rely on a publisher whom I'm client fifty out of sixty. I want to do this on my own on my own merit.

Let's hope these two recent campaigns work. (crosses fingers)

Midafternoon update: So I am able to check sales report on Createspace and was SUPER depressed that the campaign ran yesterday with ZERO sales. I questioned my dreams and whether I should write again. Then I get an email from the Marketing guy that I should provide a link that's not a facebook link but rather a place to order the book. I let him know "Here is the form again. I don't know you got the facebook link but I didn't put that link on the form." I was polite after all. I'm just happy it was HIS error not my writing sucked haha So he is going to rerun the campaign. Fingers crossed again. I put the amazon address. You can actually get the book at a slight discount AND it's available on the Kindle.

If you wish here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/What-Want-David-Michael-OQuinn/dp/1463765037

Feel free to purchase for a gift or yourself :) Gotta treat yourself during the holiday right?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update 12/22

So I had zero sales again BUT I did notice the wording I wrote was not very jazzy. I talked to the Marketing guy, spruced up the wording, and he's like "I will not only rerun your ad for Vermont and Maine BUT I will add more states." See what being positive does? I think others would've yelled and screamed but not me. OMG why don't I follow Grindr on Twitter?! Brilliant.

...my older posts