the one about resolutions

So Ben and I had a long talk and I think we are destined for friendship. I had hopes of rekindling things, but you know that's just not in the cards. I realized that sometimes in life you can't go backwards but you can go insightfully forward. The first thing we admitted on the phone with each other that we missed contact with one another. Maybe that's enough. Maybe me wanting him back is more about wanting his friendship than anything. He's got a boyfriend and I'm not a homewrecker.


Another thing that happened was I met a guy about six years ago. He was really nice and GORGEOUS. Well we "hooked up" and then things got awkward. We lost touch, I moved to Boston. And that was that. Fast forward to today and we go on an official date and it was AWESOME! It was a first date so I'm not gonna buy china patterns, but it just felt good to connect with someone again. Giving me hope ya know?


And yet again I hung out with Mandee and her family. Growing up Mandee and I ebbed in and out of a fantastic relationship. I always felt closer to her than anyone cuz we both grew up without dads. But our personalities were just a good fit. NOW that we are grown up every single time we hang out we laugh so hard our cheeks hurt. Her family is hilarious. I've always been close to Ashley for YEARS. But my relationship with Mandee is just...hilarious. I don't think I've laughed so hard in my life. Her son Tyler is my kid brother. Seriously whenever he's around me he's at my side. I walked in the other day and he's sitting in his chair...THREE YEARS OLD (or maybe four. I always forget) and he goes "OH MY GOD GIVE ME A HUG!" I damn near fell over laughing.


I am slowly resolving to get this book off the ground. Because it's not sold in Barnes & Noble stores I can't do a book signing. :( I am trying to get more word of mouth. But this marketing thing is TOUGH!

...my older posts