the one dedicated to Scott Maziroff 1968-2011

I was shocked and saddened to hear about the suicide of this man I never met.

Scott Maziroff was a 51 year old openly gay Financial Advisor in the entertainment world. He was successful and gorgeous. Everything a gay wants to be...or marry :)

On December 3, 2011 he committed suicide. Why? Only his friends and family know. Or maybe they don't. So what's this have to do with me? Why am I so devastated by this?

My close friends and family know since I was in high school being a writer/actor has been my dream. I even went to college to get my business degree so I can run my own movie studio one day. The thought that one day I achieve my goals and could possibly be sad enough to end my life is a mortatily issue I never thought about.

It rocked me to my core that sometimes when you aspire to something you can still be unhappy. Why? I told a couple friends about this and they too were like "He had it all." Maybe he didn't. I don't want to do that.

Right now I am in a funk. I have my book out and it's not selling. Part of me was like "That was a dream wasted." But a bigger part of me was like "YOU HAVE YOUR BOOK OUT BITCH! This is what you've wanted for 20 plus years. That's a huge accomplishment. So what if no one is buying it. Your best friend loved it and wants you to write a sequel." No matter what else I do in my life I know I can accomplish a goal I set. This is just the first.

Because of this I decided to do something I felt weird about...make another YouTube video. I made my first YouTube video to let teens know not to kill themselves and I completely was not even thinking about adults till Scott killed himself. Adults are JUST as unhappy as kids sometimes. Even moreso cuz they are at the point they can change things and they feel they can't.

So here's my video. I don't think I have the answers to life, but I hope by watching this you rethink a decision that's lasting, forever, and can affect many lives not just yourself. You can't change the past but you can always change your present and future.

David Michael O'Quinn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6sZM15nk_o

...my older posts