the one about Larry

So yesterday as I'm driving home from work Larry calls. Larry is probably the best friend in the world I have. And it's funny cuz none of my friendships are alike.

My friendship with Jamie and her family is a familial one. My friendship with work folks are different from Jamie's family. And my friendships with Brandon, Larry, Matt, Christopher, and Alice are all different from each other. And lemme tell you hearing from him made my day. Of course hearing from all of my best friends makes my day, but him whom I hadn't talked to in awhile just helped. :)

We caught up in two hours like we just hung out a week ago. It was truly amazing. And with him I laugh so hard my face hurts. It's so amazing how our friendship evolved. Over the years it's been close, not close, strained, close again. And now...we can go for months and not talk and catch up instantly.

Seems to be a running theme with me too. Most of my friends I don't talk to on a reg basis and when we talk we instantly catch up.

...my older posts