Argo

I went into it not understanding what it was.

Based on a true story about 6 Americans working in the Iranian consulate that must flee to Canadian embassy in Iran till they are rescued. The Iranians want America to give up a tyrannical former leader of Iran that has found solace in America while he's getting medical treatment. America said no. Ben  Affleck plays the man from the CIA assigned to rescue them. The CIA gets approval from the President's office to have Ben pose as a movie producer, slip into Iran, give the 6 Americans their fake movie credentials, then slip out of Iran back to America. I was literally biting my nails over this. I didn't read up on this so I had no idea how it ended. What happened. Why. It was so suspenseful. 

The only big whole was regarding the other 60 people taken hostage. The story focused on just the 6. If they had tied that up this would've been a perfect movie for me.

I give it 8 out of 10 stars. Ben will be dominated for Best Actor and Director. His direction was FLAWLESS!

...my older posts