the one about douchebags

So I was driving home tonight and realized MY GOD I'm surrounded by douchebags. This stemmed from a Facebook incident with someone I've known for some time who's a habitual douchebag that I just didn't realize how big of one he was until today.

What's a douchebag you ask? I think there are many versions.
  1. Someone who goes out of his way to put you down or make you feel bad.
  2. Someone who's CLEARLY wrong about something and doesn't admit it.
  3. Someone who thinks every statii positive or negative on Facebook is about them.
  4. Someone who can't laugh even when a situation calls for it.
  5. Someone when you tell them you are offended by their brand of humor continues to "joke" with you and then questions why you ignore them.
  6. Someone no matter how many ways you explain it will never see your point, but you can see theirs.
  7. When more than one straight guy get together douchebags emerge.
  8. Anyone who's first name is meant to be a last name like Anderson or Channing.
  9.  Victor Newman from "The Young and The Restless."
  10. High School/Family/Work bullies.
  11. Brett Ratner, Perez Hilton, LeAnne Rimes, Mo Mandel, Ramiro & Krazy Kulo from Jamn 94.5, E! News.
  12.  The couple that brings their children under 17 to Rated R movies.
  13. Someone who makes/thinks you should choose sides.
  14. Someone who gets "mad at you" because you are "mad at them."
  15. Someone who tells people about your shortcomings behind your back...that you've told them.
  16. Someone who is friends with the douchebag and doesn't tell him he's a douchebag.
  17. Whoever changed the layout for iTunes.
  18. The person in the movie theater that sits one seat away from you when the entire theater is empty.
  19. Every driver that doesn't use a turn signal.
  20. Every driver that sees you coming down the street and waits till you're up close to them to turn.
Ok so I'm kidding with the last name one (well for Channing not for Anderson he is a douchebag) but I'm not talking about the guy who has a douchebag moment. I've done plenty wrong, but I try to swallow my pride and admit it. Because karma is a bitch lol 

What I began to realize is I spend far too much time on douchebags. Being nice. Being funny. Including them in my jokes both at home and work. 2013 I need to stop. I need to stop turning the other cheek and just simply walk away.

The past three days I have spent away from my house away from the original douchebags (my mother and half brother; oddly enough my mother is the only real female douchebag I've ever met).  I did have a conversation with a friend this weekend. He was telling me the douchebaggery of a mutual friend. My jaw hit the floor. Some of the things this mutual friend was doing I just couldn't believe. Underhanded. Manipulative. I was in shock. My heart hurt over it. WHY do people do this? 

A challenge for myself starting to day is ridding myself of douchebags. It's pretty easy to spot a douchebag too. As I sit here and go over the inventory of guys I'm friends with in my head I have at least 20 off the bat I need to dedouchebag myself from. This shall be my mission :)

...my older posts