Django Unchained

Django (Jamie Foxx) is a slave looking to get his wife Broomhilda (Kerry Washington) free from the tyrannical clutches of plantation owner Monsieur Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio) with the help of a German Bounty Hunter (Christopher Waltz).

Simple enough right? Ah that's where you'd be wrong. Yes it could have ended up being the boy version of Kill Bill in western times, but instead it peppers enough slavery, the use of the N word, comedic lines, and surprises to be different. The Bride and Django have one thing in common: focus. They have a goal and damn anyone who gets in their way.

BUT I will say having watched Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2 a billion times each there were some VERY clear copies. I won't give away the deets, but check it out.

Now for the parents out there with children under say 16 DO NOT TAKE YOUR KIDS! It's bloody, loud, and swearing PLUS there's nudity. Why such a disclaimer David? Well I'm glad you asked because there was a BABY with his parents there. A BABY! Whom cried every single time there was a loud part. Thankfully I was far enough away to not shake its parents to death, but I paid my $10.75 just like errbody else up in there. DON'T BRING NO BABY!

...my older posts