the one about my bloodline (the O'Quinns)

So for many years I was angry with my entire family. I think I cut them off when I was 15. I wrote my aunt a letter detailing why I was angry and how much I hated them all. Then in 2011 my entire world was rocked by Brett's death. I reevaluated some things and realized hating them solved nothing. I came to my aunt whom also happens to be my godmother's house and she and I had a long talk. We both apologized and moved on. Now that I am on the outs with my mother I realize I have more family than just her.

Jamie and her sisters are my family through and through. They've supported me, loved me, and been there for me soooooooooooo much. But my blood family is another part of me. A part of me I have forgotten and rediscovered last night. My mother was the youngest of 122 and some are not living. Her sister is my godmother. I was at her house tonight and lemme tell you it was awesome. My godbrother and godsister were there. My other aunt was there. My cousins. My three uncles. And we laughed and laughed and laughed. I actually think I got a headache from laughing. And my godsister's daughter-in-law!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that girl. She is so country and probably the most like me in the family. She says exactly what's on her mind and got ZERO FILTER! I love her to pieces. And she's a good mom.

It's hilarious cuz I have two families yet both are so strong. Both love hard and fight hard although Jamie's family is a lot smaller. 

My favorite part of the family is the gossip. Not gonna lie. I won't tell nobody's business or nothing, but DANG there's some gossip. Every person got it too. I love it. hahaha

Just one more reason I can't leave I guess.

...my older posts