Parenthood

I was on a week and a half vacation and watched 4 seasons of this show! I loved it and hated it. It is loosely based on the movie of the same name with Craig T. Nelson and Bonnie Bedelia (Macauley Culkin's aunt/Bruce Willis' wife in "Die Hard") as the parents Zeek and Camille respectively of their four kids (Peter Krause, Lauren Graham, Erika Christensen, and Dax Shepard). Peter Krause plays executive Adam whom is married with two kids (Max has Aspbergers and Haddie is a good girl teen) to blond Julia Roberts aka Monica Potter whom plays Christina. Lauren Graham plays bartender Sarah whom is divorced mom of two teenagers (Amber is rebellious and her brother Drew). Erika plays Julia whom is married to HOTTIE Joel and they have one daughter Sydney who's 5. Dax Shepard plays Crosby who's a perenneil bachelor till he meets Jasmine, a black stripper he hooked up with years ago...and his mixed race son Jabbar.

The part I loved was the relationship between the characters. You don't feel like you're watching a TV show you feel like you're watching a hidden camera in one family's journey.

The part I HATE is clearly the normal thing I should hate which is how some people act. Amber is a self-destructive girl whom falls for EVERY guy not related to her...and Sarah her mom is the same way. They constantly screw up their own lives. I've envisioned myself shaking both while saying "Get out of your own way." And both Zeek and Sarah are HIGHLY ANNOYING! Zeek is the typical overprotective dad/grandpa whom butts into EVERYONE'S business. But Sarah drives me insane. She's that family member/coworker/friend you say "I don't wanna talk about it." And she keeps talking till you finally talk about it and she keeps going and going UGH!

Overall the show is amazing. Got me hooked and I love Max, the son with Aspbergers. He's so honest and refreshing although at times it's "Is he being a bratty kid or is it his Aspbergers?" With this family you seriously never know. My favorite character consistently is Drew. He's the oldest boy grandson but so wise beyond his years. Sure he makes mistakes cuz he isn't perfect, but he definitely impresses me how he puts up with his crazy family.

There are times I feel like they write the characters into a corner for an episode. Like Jasmine's mom says some things to Jabbar and cuts Crosby off and nothing gets said. DRIVES ME CRAZY! Because in another scene another character will do the same thing to the Crosby and he'll rip into them. UGH

...my older posts