Zero Dark Thirty





I went into "Zero Dark Thirty" wanting to dislike it. I know Kathryn Bigelow has a thing for war movies that look realistic. I tried several times to watch "The Hurt Locker" but it was just boring. ZDT is a female lead action version of THL basically.

The subject matter and Jessica Chastain is what interested me. Kathryn's approach did not. When someone close to Jessica's character dies she barely emotes. Is this the same Oscar nominated actress from "The Help?" I don't get it. I wasn't wowed by anything in this movie. The action in the beginning got my attention. It was VASTLY better than what I expected, but not enough for me to think it was good. It was okay. Personally the real star for me was Jason Clarke who plays Dan. He's an Australian actor who speaks in his American accent perfectly. His face, body, acting chops draw you to the screen moreso than Jessica if you ask me. He shoulda been nominated for Best Actor. 

She had ONE good scene when I wish she did a good performance. I do not think she deserved the Oscar nomination. Anne Hathaway did a better job as "Celina Kyle" in "The Dark Knight Rises" and could've been a great nomination in the Best Actress category.

...my older posts