This is 40

I'm pretty sure this movie should be retitled to "This is Marriage" because aside from the NASTY fight the two characters have this will be the life of my sister and brother-in-law.

The movie is funny, fresh, and a real take on what single people think marriage is like. The awkward things said. The "I've known you for so long I'm comfortable" moments. The "I know what you're thinking cuz I know you" looks. I actually started to believe these two were married in the movie and I was watching a home video. Doesn't help that these are Leslie Mann's real daughters (Judd Apatow who wrote and directed it is her hubby and the girls dad). 

My niece Averi is SO gonna be like the oldest Sadie, good girl all around but her parents are just so worried she'll be mislead they smother her slightly. My nephew Tyler is Charlotte the funny but doesn't know it kid.

And that's the point. Either you are or know someone that is like the couple in the movie. Aside from the hugely uncomfortable fight scene they have I loved this movie.

...my older posts