the one about me not giving myself enough credit

So the hardest thing in the world to do is looking in the mirror and realizing your faults. Of those I have many. One of them is that I don't give myself enough credit.

When I was younger I wanted to go to Western New England College but it was two buses away in one direction so that meant 4 buses a day for 4 years? I didn't hesitate. When I was accepted I did it. Sometimes my friend Areecia drove me in until I finally got a car.

Where is that person today? I moved to Boston and that was the best decision I made. Yes I was running away from my boss and family, but whatever the reasons were they were valid. I should've stuck it out but I didn't give myself enough credit. At the time I had no nervousness or anything.

I think I moved back because I was like a battered woman. You know how she keeps going back because she has no other option in her mind. Do you realize the minute I posted how I am thinking of moving I had a friend offer to put me up till I find permanent housing? She knows the struggles I'm having emotionally and I realized THAT is part of the old me.

My friend Larry once said to me "David, you will be fine. You always are." I will never ever forget that. Somehow I always find a way...or is my team up there looking out for me? haha

Either way I've come to realize I can take alot more than I think. What I'm going through as horrible as it is it's temporary and more are going through alot worse.

I need to be strong and realize this too shall pass :) There is a brighter future for me I just need to perserve.

...my older posts