the one about my book


So my book has been a labor of love. The only saving grace is it hasn't sold yet LOL I know that sounds weird, but I got a very brutally honest review. The reviewer told me things I was thinking and others expressed. I put aside my pride and made the changes. Now I am so glad I did.

I'm trying to make this book move. I'd love to write the screenplay and just get my actual career started in Hollywood. I'm praying this is my way in.

The book is about an African-American transwoman whom even though she is working her way up from Sales Associate to Manager at her retail clothing job can't seem to get her love and familial lives in order. Set in 2005 Western Massachusetts it shows her fall and pick herself back up. It's raw, revealing, and real. Some of the topics are adult adoption, rape, self-love, the list can go on. 

I came up with the idea after watching a movie called "Different for Girls" about a white British transwoman whom bumps into her childhood friend. It was badly written in my opinion and I thought I would try my own hand at it. As I began writing this book I realized how much it reminded me of Cinderella: Cinderella meets a Prince, hides whom she is from her Prince, when he finds out he rejects her, he realizes he can't live without her, and they end up together. Only my story has two Princes, and the story becomes whom will she end up with. Not just physically, but her heart.

I loved creating this world, but thank God it's over...well not really. Working on two sequels. Cannot wait till those stories are out :) Until them please enjoy this first book. Also if you buy or have bought the book as an ebook you can get the paperback copy for free (and vice versa). Info on the book are on Facebook, Shelfari,and Twitter; to buy the book you can go on iTunes, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads,  and Amazon. I'm trying to get enough buzz and word of mouth for sales so I can get a Wikipedia page up. After you read the book please please please put a review on Amazon :) I appreciate it!

...my older posts