American Assasin

Image result for american assassin film poster
Dylan O'Brien is no longer a "Teen Wolf" sidekick. Keep reading...



Dylan portrays a regular guy on a trip to Ibiza with his girlfriend Katrina. He proposes on the beach, and the next minute Katrina is gunned down along with others. 18 months later he survives being shot twice physically, but mentally he's stuck in the past. 

Enter Sanaa Latham as a CIA director who has been secretly watching Dylan and decides to hire him to take down terrorists. Dylan sent to a CIA training camp where he's trained by Michael Keaton, and per usual movie fashion they at first hate each other. But there's a hiccup: Taylor Kitsch. He was also trained by Michael Keaton, but Taylor is rogue. What happens after gives too many spoilers.

It's strange for me because I am a HUGE "Teen Wolf" fan, but watching this movie and seeing Dylan in this role made me look at him totally different. I actually found him very believable as a man wronged by terrorists. 

My fave part of the movie is Scott Adkins aka "Ukrainian Ben Affleck" from #BrothersGrimsby and The Legend of Hercules. Always been a huge fan of his and I smiled seeing him in the movie. 

Definitely a 4 star movie...there is one scene where Dylan is frisked and holds "something" in his hand but no one checks, then he is sitting in a chair with guards around him 360 yet no one sees him holding something in his hand? Sorry but those details really irked me. Prevents me from giving it 5 stars :( But again overall a great movie!

...my older posts