Ready Player One

Ready Player One (film).png
I wanted to hate this movie going into it only to score the AMC double points, but ended up really liking this movie. 4 stars out of 5. Keep reading...

Tye Sheridan plays Wade Watts an orphan living with his aunt and her latest boyfriend. SOMEHOW, as he lives in the stacks (futuristic trailer park of mobile homes on top of each other), he can afford to go into the Oasis (a virtual reality world where ppl have full body avatars in a fake world). Turns out the inventor of the Oasis has died and left 3 keys in the game. Whomever collects the keys gets to be King or Queen of the Oasis and become a trillionaire. 

Directed by Steven Spielberg after he did The Post, I was surprised at how much I liked it, Tye, and the visual effects. My ONLY thing was the dramatic pauses. People standing when they should run or not shooting when they should. Not like a normal movie but this was PAINFUL! Had it not been for those long pauses the movie could've shaved off 30 mins (that's how many there were). Did I mention Emmy Winner Lena Waithe is in it? YUP! 

Overall I really enjoyed it. Worth seeing in the theaters.

...my older posts