the one about Valentine's Day 2012

So if you know me well enough you know Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday. I guess it's cuz I've never had a boyfriend to experience with. The cheesy cards. Dinner out. Teddy bear. All that. None of that happened for me. My favorite holiday and second most depressing time of the year for me. Well now third since Feb 26th is the day Brett died. (Father's Day is the first depressing time for me)

Every year I say I'm gonna be strong and that I have good things like supportive family and friends and health to keep me warm, but I'm just a hopeful romantic. I want that cheesy Valentine's Day. Last year I had a date but he was SUCH A TOOL! Yelled at the waitress at our dinner. Did not live up to what I wanted. Came close if I'm being honest but didn't hit the nail on the proverbial head. In fact after him I went into a LONG depression where I hated men and didn't want to date ever again. I'm over that clearly but I'm definitely not crying over it.

Just hmm whats the word before bummed? I just would love someone to be cheesy with. And I don't care about naysayers. I don't care about what others think of VDay. Everytime I think of VDay I think of Madonna's song "Get Together." Listen to the words. That's EXACTLY how I feel.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

...my older posts