12 Strong

Image result for 12 strong
So lemme say I liked "12 Strong" and give it 3 out of 5 stars, but for SOME reason I can't put my finger on why I don't love it. I feel bad too because this story is amazing. Keep reading.

Chris Hemsworth is the captain of a team that leads 12 men into Taliban territory after 9/11 in order to take out those responsible. Problem is their Taliban expert is a man is in a turf war with the Taliban leader (Razza). So yes he's guiding them but he's also taking what he needs along the way.


The acting is spot on with Chris Hemsworth, Austin Stowell, Jack Kesy (from "Claws"), Michael Shannon, Michael Pena, Trevante Rhodes, Geoff Stults, my boo/co-Producer Thad Luckinbill, Austin Hébert, Kenneth Miller, and Kenny Sheard. Rob Riggle is effective in a dramatic role too as the Lieutenant that challenges Chris. What happens is to get through Taliban territory and to the leader the 12 men must ride trained horses so that they are virtually undetected. General Dotsum, the leader of the Alliance in Afghanistan, is an fearless and effective enough leader aside from leading them into some traps and not telling Chris' character full truths. Navid Negahban was so good as General Dotsum too.  But not gonna lie even though his role was small Rob stood out for me!


My problem with the film is it feels schmaltzy. I KNOW! It's a true story that after this they all went back to their normal lives unrecognized, but ever watch something and feel like it solely exists because it is chasing awards? That's kinda how this feels. Again so glad to know this story, but it just doesn't feel the same as 13 Hours; I can't put my finger on why.  Actually you know why? The execution feels too Hollywood. There...


But I will say this movie is better than half the other crap out there. Not amazing, but still good. My fave military movie will always be American Sniper though. LOVED that movie!!!

...my older posts