the one about living an optomistic life

So I cannot stress how positivity leads to winning. I refuse to let the shackles of bad vibes shake me.

For some reason I felt yesterday "This is gonna be a bad week." But ya know last week I was broke and had no power, that was a bad week. And everyday there was "something." This week I need to change my attitude. Do I still feel like it's going to be a bad week? Kinda. But ya know what my only resolve is no matter what happens I will not get down on myself.

Saturday I woke up at 3am with power (as you know) and then went back to sleep. Well I woke up at 9am and started watching HULU PLUS on my Xbox. Went through some shows then I texted my str8 boyfriend James. We drove into Boston! It was awesome.

Ate a Maggiano's, went to see Tower Heist, walked around a bit. Hung out at Club Cafe. We had so much fun talking and laughin and I realized I've known him since 2004 and we are closer than ever. Am I the long-term friendship guy? I totally am.

And last night as I was standing outside in the cold hanging out candy at the Trunk or Treat (where you give out candy from the trunk of your car) I looked around for a minute.

Earlier in the night I was a little annoyed running around finding candy for sale then I saw it.
Kids all dressed in their Halloween costumes running around playing tag. Others going trunk to trunk saying "trick or treat." My three sisters and their husbands and kids. Jamie's DAD and stepmom even came out. Hugged Mandee's mother-in-law. And I realized this is what life's about...again! Mandee's sister-in-law Jen goes "Did you get power? I was thinking about you all weekend." I just MET her and she's worried about me? How awesome is that?

I drove home smiling. I didn't earn anything from that. I shelled out money for candy. Stood in the freezing cold. And talking to people. I really loved it.

I need more weekends like this. Weekends where I am filling my time with constructive things that are fun to do.

Ok well I'm off to work meeting. And I promise to keep my positive outlook :)

...my older posts