Tower Heist


My mother kept telling me that she couldn't wait to see this movie. I was appalled since it seemed like a terrible typical "black" comedy like Madea crap. 
When I sat down with my str8 boyfriend James it said produced by Imagine Entertainment which is Ron Howard and Brian Glazer's company. Directed by Brett Ratner ("Rush Hour") and written by Ted Griffin (writer of "Ocean's Eleven" and "The Shield"). Suddenly I was interested.
Eddie Murphy does his best to shake "Donkey" persona with great results. Gabby Sidibe is HILARIOUS as a Jamaician maid with a spot-on accent. But it's the chemistry between Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy that's hilarious added with Matthew Broderick and Casey Affleck! The four of them on-screen is one of the funniest foursomes I can remember. Ben is the hyper tensive one. Matthew is the nervous nelly. Casey is the straight-laced realistic one. And Eddie is the loose cannon. Michael Pena is added for a bit of spice. He is the one you know will do ANYTHING crazy!!!

Overall the movie is star-studded but hilarious. Think OCEAN'S ELEVEN meets RUSH HOUR. Tea Leoni, Alan Alda, and Judd Hirsch round out the cast. If you want a laugh with no real complex plot definitely go see this. You will laugh at some of the one-liners AND situations these people get themselves into.
It won't win any Oscars but it will definitely win your adoration!

...my older posts