The Heat

File:The Heat poster.jpg
The director of "Bridesmaids" reteams with Melissa McCarthy for this movie. He directed her into a Best Supporting Actress Academy Award nomination...this will be Best Lead Actress nomination. If you thought Melissa was funny in "Bridesmaids" you've seen NOTHING yet. 

Sandra Bullock is of course the Queen of Comedy, but Melissa is nipping at her heels. She steals EVERY scene from Sandra and they are a perfect Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson female duo. I laughed from beginning to end and the only other movie that made me laugh this hard was "The Internship" (which critics hated).

Sandra is a NYC FBI agent tracking a known killer to Boston where she meets Boston cop Melissa McCarthy...yes I said that correct. Sandra is very much a cross between her roles in "All About Steve" blended with "Miss Congeniality" while Melissa is a Boston version of her role in "Bridesmaid" with a badge. She's really brilliant! And I can't forget the funny and incredibly sexy Adam Ray (another addition to my crush binder)!

The movie is shot almost entirely in Boston I think and my only complaint was they only showed the "gross" side of Boston. Littery, sloppy Boston. That was disappointing. Otherwise I kept seeing places I frequented while I lived there and it made me giddy lol Best part is Jane Curtin as  her mom, Michael Rappaport and Joey McIntrye as two of her brothers. Boston accents and all. There is a subplot with her stereotypical Boston family! Even Marlon Wayans is in it playing...a romantic lead! He's not goofball funny and it kinda makes him hot!

If you want a chick flick that's more along the lines of a dude movie with female leads see this movie. You will laugh and laugh and laugh. The plot is great too.  5 out of 5 stars. 

...my older posts