the one about Kim Kardashian

So my friends that know me know I'm obsessed with "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" and their spin-offs.  The question they always ask is why?

"The Osbornes" was a fun show on MTV because it was so unapologetic, and from that show Ozzy still makes music; Kelly had one or two albums but now is into fashion commentating; and Sharon is on a talk show panel "The Talk." Jack hasn't found his way yet. The one thing they always argue is "Well Ozzy is talented; Kim is famous for a sex tape." DISAGREE!

I didn't see the entire sex tape, but the clips I did see Kim was MAD boring. She just laid there. UGH I think I may have fallen asleep at one point during the clip. But I digress I think what happened was Kris Jenner said to herself "Ok my ex Robert would've killed Kim. He always took care of these kids, and I don't want his legacy of Kim to be a sextape. How can I divert attention from the sextape? Well people have always said my family should be on TV. Lemme talk to Bruce and the girls and see what we can do." 

Honestly I don't believe their personalities are exactly like they are on TV. Some situations are just so over-the-top, but I do think Khloe is exactly how she is off-screen as she is on-screen. Everyone else I think it's a heightened version of themselves. I love that they "go there" even if sometimes I get uncomfortable! And although I know Rob is a bad boy (he cheated on his gf of 2 years), he's a really good guy deep down. Sensitive and just wants to find his way. But I think the TV series was borne out of a response to the sextape NOT from it. And Ray J was not famous enough to "make her famous" in any way shape or form. He had ONE hit song and is known as "Brandy's little brother." And how did the tape get out in the first place? PLEASE! He walks around like he did something awesome when Kim is worth $40 million and he's worth about $6 million ummmm right! Say what Ray J?

What I loathe, despise, and hate are the bullies and the "haters." To me a hater is someone that says negative comments about someone out of jealousy. If you don't like the show because you think they are all talentless twits you're a hater; people have probably told you your family should be on TV, but you didn't have the balls to go after it. If you don't like the show because you don't like reality TV shows then that's fine. But hating on someone because they had the motivation and the means to do what you couldn't is just silly.

The Bullies. That'd be anyone in Hollywood that says "they are talentless twits with no future." Excuse me? Some of these A-Listers need to take a look at how they got in the business. Some have worked their way up from acting school to making their dues on soaps to struggling in bit parts while waiting tables. Now they are Academy Award nominated/winner actors/actresses. THIS IS NOT THE STORY FOR EVERYONE! Some of these "thespians" slept their way to the top, were waiters for a certain producer/director, happen to be in a park or diner when someone spotted them, walked into an open casting call, the list goes on. It's all by chance. There are enough roles and enough scripts that EVERYONE can act in. 

Halle Berry for example has been an AMAZING actress since she played a crack addict in "Jungle Fever." That was her first role after being crowned Miss Teen All American in 1985 and being a front-runner in Miss USA pageant. She was nominated for a Chicago Film Critic Award for Supporting Actress. She SHOULD'VE been nominated and won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her portrayal in "Losing Isaiah" as a drug addicted mother who cleans herself up and wants custody of her son back from his white adoptive parents. SHE WAS AMAZING! Flawless. Better than in "Monster's Ball" if you want my honesty. But she didn't have the team of campaigners on "Losing Isaiah" as she did on "Monster's Ball" which is how she won her Oscar. Since then she's been cast in movies that have failed at the box office until "The Call." But view her acting from "Jungle Fever" to "The Call" and she's consistent. My point is Halle had the right people to get her the right opportunity.

Now take Guiliana Rancic. She is an amazing newsjournalist on E! News. One day while interviewing Bill Rancic (winner of "The Apprentice") she flirted with him and they went on a date. They got married and got a reality TV show of their own. She also became a fashion consultant. Then she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and had a double mastectomy. Then their struggles of having a child via surrogate. Now all we see whenever she's on E! News or on vacation are pictures of her son and stories about him. My point Guiliana used her opportunities to further her career as well.

Hollywood is such a hypocrite in that way. Not all of it, but the ones that call themselves "great thespians" need to STFU! And guess what some of them do. That's why you have "Monster-in-Law" with the legendary Jane Fonda coming out of a semi-retirement to star alongside Jennifer Hopez. And Robert Deniro in The focker movies; Barbra Streisand in "The Guilt Trip." When you are trying to brighten your star the best way is to hop on what's hot.

The Kardashians wouldn't be popular unless people weren't watching the show. And they have fashion lines, fragrances, and books. Kim has tried the most. She's trying to find her way in Hollywood whether it be (non)singing, modeling, acting. Whatever it finally is just let her friggin be folks. And Jon Hamm shame on you. You are the biggest bully of them all. Remind me again how you got into acting? Oh that's right you dated an ACTRESS because you always wanted to act. Gotcha! I get it. You're SOOOOOOOOO much more deserving of being in Hollywood than anyone else. SIT THE EFF DOWN! UGH I really can't stand the snobbery of some actors.

And now people are making fun of her cuz she's pregnant? So first you make fun of her for being single, then for dating, now while she's pregnant? WTF can she do right?! Seriously! Is this what you are teaching your kids? To be hateful towards things you disagree with. Granted if I met Jon Hamm I'd likely ignore him. I would rather keep my opinions about him to myself than scream and yell at him. And PETA can eff off. If I met anyone at PETA I would tell them they are wrong what they do. One of their supporters flour bombed Kim. Yes she wears fur. Yes it's morally wrong. But as my brother-in-law said to my nephew "Use your words." And when they finally released a statement they said "Well we didn't contract that woman to do what she did to Kim, but she deserved it." WHAT?! How about peacefully protesting things? Signs and saying something's wrong is one thing. Saying "you deserved what you got" is another. What if that wasn't flour but something worse? UGH!

What I think they should focus on is their TV shows and ventures. Kim started off as a closet organizer to celebrities (going into their closets and helping arrange, organize, and style). They should focus on fashion and fragrances and accessories and books. The things that made them famous. The newer generation Kendall & Kylie will be huge fashion models especially Kendall. Kylie will probably get into music I bet. But I think Kris as their momager should tap into the great parts of each of them and help pull that out of them and not have them all do the same thing. Did you know they own 3 Dash stores (LA, NYC, & Miami) that do very well?

So let me be clear I love the show; Khloe is my favorite; and if you don't like them that's fine, but root it in something you yourself believe after researching them not being a follower regurgitating something you've heard. POW!

...my older posts