World War Z

File:World War Z poster.jpg
I love when celebrities whom were HUGE box office draws do one or two movies a year every few years and knock it out of the park...like Brad Pitt.

Another zombie movie? Yes! What's different? These zombies are terrifying. Why? Because they can run. Simple as that. 

The premise of the movie is much like any other epidemic the "zombie virus" gets out affecting billions turning everyone into biting, running machines. Unlike "Night of the Living Dead" or any other movie these creatures aren't physically scary. Yes they are decaying from the inside out and it shows, but the truly terrifying part is they can catch you. They are primal creatures that serve one person: to infect. The virus takes over and suddenly all hell breaks loose. They want nothing more than to tear into flesh spreading their virus till everyone is infected. The better question is...then what? Which will lead to a sequel.

Brad Pitt stars as former UN Employee Gerry Lane whom experiences the zombies firsthand while taking his wife and two daughters out of Philly for a family road trip. After many things occur Gerry realizes he must either find a cure or a way to stop them. I won't give away any spoilers other than to say I scratched my head a bit at his resolution.

All in all 4 stars. It wasn't perfect for me, but it was very good. I was scared and entertained. Brad is back! And close to 50 he ain't going NOWHERE! Which is more than I can say for the two muppet brothers whom sat behind me. UGH they were two old white guys that kept talking in their normal voices. I finally had to call in an Usher. PLEASE no talking while I'm trying to watch a star reclaim his throne.

...my older posts