Battle of the Sexes

Image result for battle of the sexes
In 1973 it was called "The Battle of the Sexes" as women's tennis great Billie Jean King played against former men's tennis great Bobby Riggs. She was 29, and he was 55. He made a big to-do that women were not equal to men in sports. And so began this amazing extravagance. Keep reading for my review...
First thing's first I give this a 5 stars out of 5. Emma Stone will win the Oscar again for Best Actress in a Leading Role, and Steve Carrell will win the Best Actor in a Supporting Role next year. These roles were tailor made for these actors. Physically if you see a side-by-side the actors look like their real-life counterparts, but if you watch a video of King and Riggs it's even moreso.

The thing I loved about this movie is I had no idea Billie Jean King was married. When I grew up she was already out as a lesbian. That's all I knew of her. Finding out she was married to her college sweetheart named Larry King, never in her life explored being gay until she met a hairdresser while playing tennis, and became best friends with Larry even after they divorced.

This movie is PERFECT for the times as well. It focuses on equal pay for women and sexuality. As well as sisterhood and how women are more likely to look out for themselves over help each other. I loved everything about this movie. 

Worth seeing and going to be a top 10 in everyone's fave movies.

...my older posts