Happy Death Day

Related image

Easily one of the best horror movies in a long time, with one TINY flaw. I give it 4 stars out of 5. Keep reading.

So Theresa aka Tree wakes up to her birthday. The college age girl is appropriately hung over, wakes up in a strange dorm room, and goes to her sorority house after the walk of shame. Only problem is from the creepy guy looking at her, the "Save the Earth" girl bombarding her, the couple trying to avoid the sprinklers, the poor college pledge fainting after 26 hours of hazing, the stalker one-date guy, even her roommate giving her a birthday cupcake, it keeps happening over and over. 

Of course we figure out throughout each reliving what a truly bratty princess she is...but over the course of the movie she begins not only to figure out who is killing her, but the person she is. 

It's "A Christmas Carol" meets "Groundhog's Day" and "Scream" rolled into one. Jessica Rothe just introduced her greatness to the world, and I am secretly crushing on the adorableness which is Israel Broussard. 

My ONLY flaw with the movie is why? Out of everyone this could happen to why her? That's never explained or even hinted at. And with all the details taken in great measure to this movie I'm perturbed that one was never answered. Alas it's a great movie I want to own when it comes out on DVD! Easily one of my top 5 fave horror movies of all time.

Let's hope the studio LEAVES THIS ALONE! I repeat DO NOT MAKE SEQUELS! Leave this where it is.

...my older posts