The Mountain Between Us

TheMountainBetweenUsfilmposter.jpg
Listen it wasn't a terrible movie, but I just don't get it...Keep reading


So my husband Idris Elba plays married Dr. Ben who has to catch a flight out of Idaho but his flight got cancelled. My matron of Honor Kate Winslet plays Alex Martin, an engaged photo journalist about to get married in a day...who's flight got cancelled. Alex decides to charter a small plane with a private pilot. When the pilot has a heart attack and the plane crashes, they must rely on each other to survive.

It's not a true story, but it is a story of survival. It's primal, and of course it's a love story...but I wish it wasn't. I wish it was just two people who bonded to survive because that's where this story loses it's momentum for me. Both actors are AMAZING actors but they have zero chemistry together. I don't for a second believe they could fall in love even when the storyline tells me I must. 

I will give this movie 2.75 stars. Not really worth seeing in theaters, but a good movie to cuddle up by the fireplace on your couch when it comes on RedBox.

...my older posts