Blade Runner 2049

Image result for blade runner 2049 poster
This movie is easily the most disappointing movie in the history of cinema, and it's not cuz I liked the original. Keep reading...
So as stated above I did not like the original. I watched it recently, and it was soooooo boring I actually turned it off halfway through. I have no idea what happened, what the purpose of the film was, and why it's a classic. I watch "Jurassic Park" today and I SEE why that is a classic or even "It Happened One Night." But the original Blade Runner? Nope. 

This movie picks up 30 years after the original. Replicants are no longer made by the company called Tyrell in fact they were rendered obsolete due to their humanity. Anytime there is one out in the world they are hunted by the police and terminated. The new corporation called Wallace is making basically humanoids to replace the Replicants...why I have no idea nor is it super clear in the movie. Ryan Gosling plays K a humanoid (it's what I'm calling them) who works as a cop aka Blade Runner. He bleeds, feels, loves, all that but can be rewired at the drop of a dime and mostly he is programmed to kill replicants (which are determined by scanning their eyeballs for old serial numbers). K goes to hunt a Replicant and stumbles onto a plot that reveals the birth of a human/replicant baby. Thus begins what is SUPPOSE to be an exciting journey only it's never revealed WHY K goes against protocol, why he's still using a company vehicle throughout the whole movie, and the resolution is yawn worthy. Actually there wasn't even a full resolution. Open-ended questions that I quite frankly don't wanna find out about if I really thought about it.

It felt like a writer came in, wrote the movie beginning to end then another writer came in and changed the 3rd act. Not only was it confusing why they changed it, but it was boring. The movie pace was so quick 2/3rds in. Then that final act DRAAAAAAAAAAGGED, honey. Like Porsha dragged Kenya on "Real Housewives of Atlanta" dragged. I wanted to get up and leave quite honestly. Most disappointing movie I've ever seen in my life. 

I will give this 2 stars. I would give it one, but the special effects, cinematography, and acting were sublime. Sean Young, Harrison Ford, and Edward James Olmos come back in cameos. Maybe they shouldn't have touched this movie since the first one sucked. Just ugh....

...my older posts