Shear Madness

 
My friend Mark from high school tells me "Hey I have free tickets to see a play with me on Wednesday night from my acting class. You wanna go see Shear Madness? It's this murder mystery whodunit." I go "Shear Madness? What the hell is that?" I half googled it. 

So we get there (it's playing around the country currently at Charles Playhouse in Boston).  Been playing for 30 years in other parts of the country. THE FUNNIEST PLAY I'VE EVER BEEN TO! It was like a comedy show with a murder mystery.

I'm not giving away ANY spoilers, but the whole premise is a hasbeen pianist is murdered above the posh hair shop Shear Madness between 4-430pm. At that exact moment all 4 of the main cast members are unaccounted for so it could be either Barbara (the stylist trying to hide something), Ed (the older gent that has a strange past with Barbara), Tony (the flamboyantly gay but hilarious owner), or Mrs. Shubert (the older rich woman hiding something). 

The best part is when the fourth wall is broken. They actually include the audience in trying to solve the mystery. The improv the actors do is AH-MAH-ZING! I loved everything about this play.  And when I say funny I MEAN funny. Funnier than "The Hangover," "Bridesmaids," "Wedding Crashers," and "Stepbrothers." 

If you have time to check this out definitely go see it. You will not regret it!

...my older posts