The Hangover Part III

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/15/The_Hangover_Part_3.JPG
Not even gonna lie this was funny...not as funny as the first but funnier than the second. 

The main plot is that Chow (played by Ken Jeong) escapes from a Bangkok prison after being arrested in the second and The Wolfpack (Stu played by Ed Helms, Phil played by Bradley Cooper, and Allen played by Zach Galifianakis - wow how I spelled that correctly is beyond me) must find Chow for Marshall (played by the hilarious John Goodman) will kill Doug (played by Justin Bartha). Who the hell is Marshall? Do you remember in the first one when Black Doug (Mike Epps) said "I gave you roofie? Oh man I musta mixed up the drugs. Marshall is gonna be pissed"? Marshall was his boss. And what did Chow do? He found out Marshall had $21 million in gold bars due to an overseas drug trade and stole half of the bars from Marshall. Still with me? So Marshall holds (just regular) Doug hostage till he gets Chow and his gold back.

Sounds easy right? Of course it's not that simple for The Wolfpack. There isn't a waking up and not remembering what happened part (thank Jeebus), but it's still original and hilarious. Melissa McCarthy joins in; I won't share her role because if I have to suffer you have to suffer. Let's just say I covered my eyes at one part lol 

Unfortunately it is not without its flaws. The Wolfpack get together because something happens with Allen in the beginning that forces them to stage an intervention and drive him to Arizona into New Horizons which is basically a mental health facility. (why they just didn't fly is beyond me) This plot device is virtually unanswered and dropped by the end of the film; it's never resolved or talked about ever again. Given the scene sets up the ENTIRE movie I was disappointed by that.

It was one of the funniest movies I've seen all year definitely the funniest in the franchise. Alot of familiar faces; alot of "OH MY GOD THEY AREN'T DOING THIS!" And for some weird reason every movie I keep looking at Ed Helms being hotter than Bradley Cooper. (shakes head) I KNOW! But this movie Ed Helms was def hotter than Bradley Cooper; sorry BC fans.

There is a slight scene after the names credits at the end. Not as funny as the rest of the movie, but definitely a lil wink/nod to their franchise.

Ps. no Mike Tyson isn't in it. But Carlos is :)

...my older posts