Excuse Me for Living

I said I wouldn't but I HAVE to write a review on this movie...if you can call it that. It felt like a Jill Farren Phelps produced script that somehow made it to the big screen. Why JFP? Because even with the talent of Daytime Emmy nominee Melissa Archer, Daytime Emmy nominee Ewa de Cruz, Daytime Emmy nominee Tonja Walker-Davidson, Wayne Knight, Robert Vaughn, 3-Time Primetime Emmy Winner Christopher Lloyd, the sexy James McCaffrey, and the AMAZINGLY TALENTED and GORGEOUS 2-time Daytime Emmy Winner Tom Pelphrey it still sucked. So why was it so bad? Well here's why:
The script was awful. The premise is that Tom's character is a suicidal trust fund brat rebelling against his parents. That's all I can say because everything else I'm VERY confused on. Sorry I know that sounds harsh but the relationships come so quick, the characters are intertwined in the most UNREALISTIC way, and nothing made any sense. I just couldn't keep up and after an hour and 45 minutes I was itching for either Tom to show his beautiful behind again OR the movie to end.

I was in the shower and thought "Why would Tom do this movie?" Lemme tell you something as painful as it was to watch EVERY scene Tom was in he nailed it. He was like the fable daughter in the story of the girl spinning hay to gold. He took the words on that page and spun GOLD! He coulda been nominated for an Oscar. THAT'S how good he was in this movie I am not joking. I would watch this man read a phonebook eating crackers in naked if that movie came out. You hear me, Tom?! So I think for Tom it wasn't just a paycheck. If he has other ppl asking "So what have you been in?" He can show this movie and said ppl will be blown away by his performance.

I would advise you to watch it just for Tom or if you are a fan of the other actors then definitely watch. For me it was 1 star. If Tom wasn't in it there'd be no stars.

...my older posts