The Wolf of Wall Street


Leonardo DiCaprio is Jordan Belfort "The Wolf of Wall Street." He is the Meryl Streep of male actors as he consumes the role. Having said that here's my review. 
Leo's technique is similar to Meryl's as he acts with no adult regard. He goes there and allows himself very little inhibitions; he does things that he's NEVER done before. Not just the drugs and sex but physical violence, the dance at the wedding was EPIC, and some other things I won't spoil. UNBELIEVABLE to think this is Luke from "Growing Pains." I might have to eat my words; although Matthew McConaughey was amazing this might be Leo's Oscar. Leo "goes there" several times. Can there be a tie?!

And Jonah Hill has stepped up his game; he's not the kid from "Superbad" anymore. He is a bonafide star. His role as Jordan's best friend/business partner gave me life. The things Jonah did in the movie for the role...let's just say watch for the party at Jordan's beach house when he sees this girl he thinks is hot. Jonah WENT THERE; I audibly gasped and covered my mouth is how shocking it is. The remainder of the cast blows me away as well from Margot Robbie, Jon Bernthal, and the insanely sexy Jean Dujardin. I mean wow! If you are fans of these people prepare yourselves because you have NEVER seen them do the things they do IN this movie. Jonah's performance will have Jared Leto worried. Jonah's acting was INSANE! He might steal it from Jared...wow.

Even though it runs long at 3 hours the story moves very quickly and the acting is such you don't wanna miss anything!!!! I would give it 5 stars out of 5. Even at 3 hours I will watch this movie over and over once it's out on DVD. The movie is a history lesson on Wall Street from the 80s to present credit to Terence Winter (EP of Boardwalk Empire). I see this as the next Social Network at the Oscars. It will win Best Adapted Screenplay. Marty will win Best Director as well. Leo BETTER win.

...my older posts