Blood & Oil

Oil ABC.jpg
If you want soapy drama in primetime then "Blood & Oil" is the answer. Keep reading...
Don Johnson stars as JR Ewing I mean Hap Briggs, a ruthless oilman in North Dakota. He meets young newlyweds Billy & Cody (Chace Crawford & Rebecca Rittenhouse) after they seem to discover oil and want to strike a deal with him. Of course he double crosses them and so begins the tale of betrayal. 

Of course this is melodramatic and a total rip off of "Dallas" even with the same producer Cynthia Cidre (executive producer of the former series incarnation). The acting is a bit over the top, and the storylines are meh. I do like seeing Scott Michael Foster as Hap's John Ross (he's one of my crushes obvi). And Adan Canto (from "The Following") is doing a bang up job (I can't tell you his role without tipping things off). 

All it all it's a good show; fills the gap left by "Revenge." Deserves a chance. I just hope Cynthia brings Juan Pablo DiPace on ;) 

...my older posts