The Player


"The Player" is one of those shows I really like, but I don't know why. Keep reading for my full review...


So Philip Winchester (whom I love) plays a security expert Alex Kane roped into the world of Mr. Johnson & Cassandra (Wesley Snipes & Charity Wakefield respectively). In a nutshell Mr. Johnson is the head of a secret agency that uses technology to wage their bets on the outcome of crimes. Cassandra is their resident dealer, and Mr. Johnson is the pit boss making Alex the player. When Alex finds out his dead ex-wife may not be so dead after all he accepts the position as player and so begins a complex world of action, drama, and more action.


The show is a little hard to follow and confusing, but I like it for some odd reason and NO not cuz Philip Winchester is a smokeshow.  It's not awful, but it's not great. There's no ground been broken, but it's not the same tired mess on TV right now. I mean I get the basic storyline, but I keep watching because it's a fun show. They do introduce characters out of leftfield that confuse the heck out of me, but otherwise it's just fun harmless entertainment. Although seeing Nick Wechsler back on TV gave me chills (love him as Jack on "Revenge")....


I say give it a try.

...my older posts