the one about the details of Valentine's Day

So this Valentine's Day sucked for about 30 minutes. Overall if I think about it there was nothing wrong with that day.

I woke up late, did laundry while I cleaned my apartment, got showered, dressed, watched my NetFlix, and went to Melting Pot for 630 to meet Ben. As I'm sitting there waiting for my closure dinner it hits 630 and he isn't there. I text him. He's at Back Bay waiting for me because apparently at 33 and working in Downtown Boston for 2 years he needs me to be his damn guide dog and take him to The Melting Pot at Park Plaza hotel...IN DOWNTOWN BOSTON! But the reservations were for 7. Knowing I would not be too nice lasting a half hour chatting with him I texted back where it was and to meet me there at 650. I walked to Club Cafe to prepare my thoughts. He texts me back "Was that you I saw walk into Club Cafe?" I said "Yes don't come in I'm hanging with friends prior to our dinner Ill see you at 650" What about that can be misconstrued? Of course he texts back "Well you're being shady. You didn't even see me waving at you. How do you think that made me feel? Just go to dinner with your friends." I was livid. I finally told him to order my chinese in Quincy and I'll pick it up LOL He SHOULD pay for something. Nope. I let him know "You are a bad person and don't contact me going forward." He said "But I have fun :)" No joke. A 33 yr old man thinks its FUN to be a douchebag.

As I mentioned in my previous text I didn't get the closure I wanted but I think I did if I think about it. Ben CLEARLY was not the one for me in any regard. Jealous. Immature. Irrational. Quick to make judgments with NO facts. He assumes more than asks. Just not my type at all. So when I say I deserve better I meant I deserve more. More good than bad. More positives than negatives.

Last year's Valentine's Day was awesome. Bruce actually sent me a dozen roses if you can believe it. No reason at all just sent them. I was like WTF?! We had broken up but were friends then. To have that moment back woulda rocked. I kept hoping someone would surprise me. :(

...my older posts