the one about the grudge list

So a few friends have Lent as their status and what they are giving up. I'm not even Catholic so I was like "Oh get outta my face with that." Then I started to think. I like the concept of giving something up. But it can't be something silly. This will be a 40 Day process it needs to be character building.

Well since I was in closure mode already since Sunday I thought why not give up grudges? I thought more about this. I figured out a method:
  1. There are some people I need to step up and apologize to.
  2. There are some people that I have apologized to in the past and they need to contact me.
  3. There are some people whom are not worth apologizing to.
How I determined this is what created the grudge/rift. Obviously I would take ownership it if was my fault. But also if it was their fault I would make a first move. I would also make sure this is a grudge worth talking about. Example this guy I was friends with has a blurred line between being a total bitch and being sarcastic. I've told him about it but instead he would say "You're a bigger bitch than me." Very immature reaction. I stopped talking to him after I gave him multiple chances but there's nothing that I can do. I can't change someone's character nor do I have the inclination. That would be bullet 3.

Now I have an entire list of people and so far most that I've contacted I've had awesome success. Some again are in bullet 3. And other's although they are on the list I'm gonna wait for them to contact me. There's a fine line between taking the higher road and always being a doormat.

I'll keep track of my progress and post at end of 40 Days.

...my older posts