the one about him not being that into me

So I watched this movie "He's Just Not That Into" a couple years ago. It changed my dating life. I'm completely Gigi. Gigi is the lead character who does the most insane things but it's because she is just that person. She'll walk up to a cute guy and tell him just cuz. She'll say something silly according to others. Bold. Flaky.

As I'm watching I'm seeing so much of myself. I've walked up to guys in grocery stores and told them they are hot then walked away. I've also taken the chance because I knew I didn't wanna regret things. And even when I thought "What's the point of this?" I said "self take a chance."

I've ebbed back and forth between being bold and being broken. I'm in the broken phase right now. I'm not going up to the hot guy on the street anymore. And I'm not smiling like I use to. I'm just tired. Tired of being disappointed.

The one thing I won't do is move backwards in the dating world. One thing about the movie that I took away is "If he likes you he'll ask you out." That was said two or three times. I never forgot that. Whenever "that guy" or "this guy" doesn't like me I tend to move on quickly (Randy and Pete are different stories...what? They were before my newfound enlightenment). I also don't put myself out there as much. But there are other times when my instincts are right.

Monday I was at CC with Jake for a minute. This guy was definitely eyef*cking me. I played along but felt that THING holding me back. I waved and smiled but did not go up to him. As I'm about to leave he opens his mouth to talk to me and smiles but I freak out and just turn on my heels and leave. Jake and I are leaving and I said "This is silly. I'm an adult I should just go back and introduce myself." Well I go back in and he's gone. I was like "See self you should've did something the first time." I walk out defeated then as I'm walking to Back Bay station out of the corner of my eye I see his shirt. I look back into CC and he's on a DINNER DATE! This guy almost talked to me BEFORE he went on a dinner date. I was floored.

Sometimes in life I'm right. I'm one of those people that believes in Karma and the Universe and all that crap. And sometimes I noticed when I don't "get the guy" there's a reason. Whether I know now or not is irrelevant but there IS a reason. Imagine I talked to this guy and gave him my number right before he was about to go on a dinner date. Imagine how awful I would've felt. And his poor date...I've noticed it too with others. One guy had a drug problem. Another has no motivation or dreams in life. Another was a serial dater. Another socially awkward. Another dangerously aloof. And yet another turned out to be one of my best friends. I recently said to Jake actually "What happens when you get every guy you want? Where do you go from there?" He shrugged...

...my older posts